Lisa Computing cluster no longer available
The Lisa Computing Cluster has moved to a computing cluster on Snellius from 1 July 2023. As a result, requesting computing time on Lisa is no longer possible. As a replacement, you can use calculation time on Snellius. For more info on the migration process check Migration of Lisa users to Snellius.
Please note! The product information below is not up to date. We are working on an update.
The Lisa system is a Beowulf cluster computer consisting of several hundreds of multi-core nodes running the Debian Linux operating system. From this page you can get more information on the system configuration, available hardware, and the way of doing accounting and budgeting on Lisa.
Lisa is accessible at the address:
The following Dutch research and academic institutes, and many more not listed, are involved and participate actively in the design of the Lisa system:
- The University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- The Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU)
- The SURF organization (SURF, which has taken over from NWO)
- The Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)
- Royal Dutch Academic Science Institute (KNAW)
- The Technical University Delft (TU Delft)
- The Utrecht University (UU)
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- University of Twente (UT)
If your Institute is not listed here and you would like to be please contact our ServiceDesk.
The system is installed and maintained by SURF.